Federal Government Services
Stone has been project lead or team member on government contracted projects since 2010. We are well versed in the requirements of the Federal government and execute our projects thoroughly and efficiently.
Read on for more information, or download our Stone Company Capabilities Statement and Federal Information document.
Stone is a known thought leader and innovator with a focus on science and innovation. We are regularly asked to present and teach courses related to all of our core competencies.
Contaminated Site Investigation and Remediation Consulting
Stone brings High Resolution Site Characterization (HRSC) expertise to hazardous waste site investigations, including Triad Systematic Project Planning and other project management methodologies, resulting in cost-effective Conceptual Site Model (CSM) development, by selecting the best tools and technologies for each site. We provide regulatory compliance assistance for CERCLA, RCRA, and TSCA, and often provide public outreach and stakeholder communication for our clients.
Our specialty consulting areas include:
- CERCLA, TSCA, and state regulations
- Dense, nonaqueous-phase liquid (DNAPL) investigation
- Fractured bedrock contamination assessment
- Brownfield assessment and remediation
- Optimization of remedial system performance and energy efficiency
- Remedial investigations / feasibility studies (RI/FSs)
- Proposed Plans and Records of Decision
- RCRA Facility Assessments (RFAs), RCRA Facility Investigations (RFIs), and Corrective Measures Studies (CMSs)
- TSCA Self-Implementing, Performance Based, and Risk-Based Cleanup of PCBs
- Third party reviews/oversight of hazardous waste site investigation and remediation
Water Resources Management Consulting
Stone applies decades of experience with stormwater and agricultural runoff best management practices to help communities find cost-effective and manageable ways to protect their water resources and environmentally-sensitive areas through scientific research and monitoring, combined with years of experience and knowledge of agricultural practices and the regulatory environment.
Geospatial & Data Solutions and Environmental Modeling
Stone uses its expertise in Geographic Information System (GIS) technology, development of custom databases, statistical software, and 3-dimensional environmental modeling tools to support the work of the other Stone groups. This group has also delivered stand-alone solutions to clients in state government and renewable energy who need one or more of our areas of expertise for their specific project.
Agrochemical Fate and Transport Research and Consulting
Through rigorous research, field investigations, spatial analysis, and modeling, Stone assists agrochemical companies in evaluating the fate of their crop protection products in the environment. Our dedication to good science and client service ensures sound study design and cost-effective results in support of state, national, and international registration of pesticides.
Stone has worked on multiple projects where the state or federal government was either a client or key stakeholder. Our "Company Capabilities and Federal Information" brochure (see related resources, right) includes a list of key government projects where Stone or Stone Staff have played a key role. Additional information regarding any of these projects can be provided upon request.
Stone staff maintain professional registrations in the following disciplines and states:
- Professional Engineer: Connecticut, Georgia, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Professional Geologist: New Hampshire
Federal and Registration Information:
- Year Incorporated: 1992
- Years in business: 22
- Business Class: Small Business
- DUNS #: 79-607-7683
- CAGE Code: 3T3D8
- SAM registration status: Current
- Primary NAICS Code:
- 541620: Environmental consulting
- Secondary NAICS Codes:
- 541360: Geophysical Surveying and Mapping services
- 541370: Surveying and Mapping (except Geophysical) Services
- 541611: Administrative Management & General Management Consulting Services
- 541690: Other Scientific & Technical Consulting Services
- 562910: Remediation Services
- Certifications: TNI-NEFAP: National Environmental Field Activities Program Accredited. First sampling and measurement organization (FSMO) competency standard