Pine Mill Dam Removal
The Connecticut River Conservancy hired Stone to provide design and construction management services for the removal of the Pine Mill Dam along Clark Brook, in the Town of Haverhill, New Hampshire. The 15-foot-high by 180-foot-long concrete gravity dam was constructed c. 1928 to power an adjacent grist mill. The mill was in operation until electrical power replaced waterpower at the facility (c. 1941). Since then, the dam remained in a deteriorated condition, and over time, flows undermined the dam’s foundation.