EASILY ACCESS AND SHARE YOUR DATA ONLINE USING OPEN ARCGIS OPEN DATA
ArcGIS Open Data provides a doorway to all your organization's information in one, single location, including geospatial and tabular data, documents, and pdfs. As a Silver Esri Business Partner, we can help you create an ArcGIS Open Data site to share and work with open data directly from the source. This is a not only a powerful tool developed to serve the public, but is equally important for managing data for internal purposes.
What is ArcGIS Open Data?
Open Data allows organizations to use Esri’s ArcGIS Online platform to provide the public or internal clients with access to an organization’s authoritative data. Stone will help your organization configure a website with your own look and feel, as well specify Open Data groups to share specific items. The public can use your Open Data site to search by topic or location, download data in multiple formats, and view data on an interactive map and in a table. ArcGIS Open Data works in tandem with internal and external ArcGIS Online accounts
Discover how other organizations and state agencies are using ArcGIS Open Data:
- Vermont Center for Geographic Information
- Open Charlotte, North Carolina
- Global Forest Watch, World Resources Institute
- Maryland GIS Data Catalog
- Open Data DC
- Washington State Open Data Bridge
get started with arcgis open data today
Stone can help your organization create an ArcGIS Open Data site to increase the accessibility of data and applications as well as improve collaboration with the following capabilities:
- Create customized sites for your data
- Allow federated searching across organizations and groups. Provide support for spatial and non-spatial tables
- Provide interactive filters to explore data
- Share links to filtered views of datasets
- Story Maps, AGOL Applications.
Let Our Experts Help
Our service includes completing the following elements for each of your datasets. We will work with you to ensure that the information is what you want to convey to the public.
Title: For individual layers, change the title in ArcGIS Online to be clear and informative. For layers within map or feature services, change the title locally, and publish the service with clean titles. ArcGIS Open Data will remove any underscores in your title.
- Description: We will change the description in ArcGIS Online. Layers within map or feature services will take the description of the entire service. If you do not enter a description, Open Data will automatically provide "The organization that shared this dataset did not provide a description."
- Field aliases (optional): Change complex GIS data field names to a more user-friendly description of the content of the field. Dataset downloads will supply the field name, not the field alias.
- Licensing: We can add a license in the Access and Use Constraints section of your item on ArcGIS Online.
- Tags: We will add appropriate “Tags” to help users discover your datasets through searches.
- Thumbnails: We will create item thumbnails that will appear beside the dataset in the search results.
- Structured Metadata: We will add your official metadata files to the ArcGIS Online item and users can access it via ArcGIS Open Data. If your data does not include metadata, we can provide this service.
ArcGIS Open Data currently works with data from:
- Hosted feature layers,
- ArcGIS Server feature services,
- ArcGIS Server map services,
- ArcGIS Server image services,
- CSV files,
- Hosted tables.
- External URLs,
- Web maps, and
- Other documents (such as Word documents and PDFs).