Join the stone team!
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Stone Environmental, Inc. Stone employs motivated individuals who bring talent and creativity to their work.
At Stone not only are we 100% employee owned, we offer competitive wages and a relaxed, flexible work environment with a great group of people. Scroll down for a complete list of benefits.
Open positions: Front End Web Developer
- Estimate and discuss level/scope of effort for client requested updates to existing/new apps with project leads
- Develop and update web front-end forms that generally provide CRUD capabilities against backend data stores
- Maintain your code in our GitHub repositories — being comfortable with branches, merges, tags, etc.
To be considered for this position, the following development skills are required:
- AngularJS (v1.x)
- NPM/Yarn/library package manager
- Using the OS console/terminal/CLI
- Git/GitHub (should be familiar with standard CLI usage)
- CSS and SASS (writing and debugging)
- JSON REST API use (debugging with Postman or Chrome Dev Console etc.)
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally, exercise good judgement, and respond professionally to comments
- Motivation and enthusiasm to learn new skills
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- JS Unit Testing
- Proficient in SQL, preferably PostgreSQL
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now" to submit an application.
Do you have a background in science, or in GIS/web mapping/database development with an interest in environmental science? We would like to know about you! We are always in search of talented individuals who can fill positions such as Ag/Water Quality Modelers, Environmental Modelers, Environmental Engineers, Hydrogeologists, Geologists, GIS/Web and Database Developers.
If you would like to be considered for such opportunities at Stone Environmental, please click "Apply Now" to submit an application for future consideration.
Stone is always interested in individuals and companies available for consulting engagements. If you represent a company looking for teaming opportunities, please email us a short description of your work and your contact information to add to our list of potential consultants to
Considering relocating to Vermont? For resources on employment, schools, and health and community life, head to the ThinkVT site.
Below are some of the benefits we offer at Stone.
Employee Stock Ownership Plan
Stone is an ESOP which is 100% funded by the company. The ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) is a long-term plan where employees will benefit from the profitability and growth of the company throughout the years.
Stone provides employees and their dependents benefits for medical insurance and prescription drugs, and an optional voluntary employee funded dental coverage plan. As part of our health insurance plan we offer a Health Reimbursement Account and Dependent Care / Flexible Spending Account (DCA/FSA). These programs allow the employee to have pre-tax dollars deducted from salary to pay for eligible out-of-pocket expenses during the plan year.
Combined Paid Time Off and Holidays
At Stone we combine sick and vacation into one combined paid time off plan that is based on your years of employment. In addition we also offer paid holidays.
Employees may contribute to a traditional before-tax 401K and/or after-tax Roth account up to annual IRS limits. Stone will match your contribution up to 2% each pay period.
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, religion, veteran's status, or disability.