Wastewater Management Planning and Evaluation
Our Water Resources Management team develops and implements wastewater management systems in Vermont communities. We specialize in identifying and evaluating decentralized and integrated (onsite/cluster/sewer) solutions for communities willing to question the conventional assumption that new or expanded sewers are the only solution. Our science-driven and neutral approach can allow communities to carefully reconsider their options and move forward with a locally supported solution.
We recognize the importance of community engagement in the success of any public infrastructure, especially in Vermont. Our team has broad experience in planning and facilitating events to educate community members about water and wastewater issues and solutions. We often leverage Geographic Information System (GIS) technology and data visualization platforms to inform, educate, and engage residents, property owners, local businesses, and other stakeholders at each step of the decision process to obtain local buy-in to fund a public infrastructure project. Our solutions have been proven critical in working with municipalities to implement comprehensive plans and develop “buildable and bondable” projects.
Our engineers, scientists, and planners work under all of Vermont’s wastewater treatment regulatory programs and with a wide range of wastewater collection, treatment, and disposal technologies. We are prepared to assist your community in applying for and securing funding, and in considering whether your wastewater infrastructure truly supports your Town’s, and village’s, needs and development goals.
Services we offer in this area include:
- Decentralized wastewater planning
- Needs assessments, feasibility studies, and preliminary engineering reports
- Research and demonstration projects
- Landowner outreach
- Public education
- Meeting facilitation
- Soil and Site Evaluations for Subsurface Disposal Systems
- Aquatic Permitting Criteria compliance assessments
- Hydrogeologic capacity analysis
- Environmental review, documentation, and permitting support
- Compliance monitoring and water quality sampling
- Groundwater modeling
- GIS analysis, mapping, and decision support