Jens Kiesel, Ph.D. Environmental Modeler
Jens is an environmental modeler and hydrologist with more than 10 years of international experience in project planning and implementation. He has experience ranging from the local scale up to transboundary river basins in Europe, Africa, and Asia. H. Jens joined the Stone EU branch in August 2021 and works on predicting natural and anthropogenic impacts on water resources and agriculture, including sediment transport, nutrient, and chemical fate as well as water quality processes. He specializes in tailored software solutions that enable automated workflows, big data processing, and comprehensive uncertainty analyses in the fields of hydrology, landscape modeling, and spatial analysis.
Years of Experience 14
Years at Stone 1
Ph.D., Natural Sciences, 2014, Kiel University (Germany).
Diploma in Civil Engineering, 2006, University of Technology, Darmstadt (Germany).
Diploma Thesis in hydrologic modelling at Addis Ababa University, 2005, Ethiopia
Honors Thesis in Urban Stormwater Drainage Modelling, 2004, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- Spatial Analysis & Statistics
- Agrochemical Fate & Exposure
- Hydrology and Water Quality Modeling
- Ecological Monitoring Studies
- Environmental Systems Modeling
- Surface Water Monitoring
- Climate Change Resilience Modeling
- Environmental Model Development / Customization
- Probabilistic Modeling / Uncertainty Analysis
- Data Visualization
- Simulated Rainfall Runoff